Monday, July 12, 2010

Time for some fun

OK – time for a play date.

In my former life I was a therapist for many people who were experiencing difficulty. Being a therapist was not my favorite profession. Trust me, I know: talking about your difficulties has little to no impact toward creating change. Your therapist may tell you differently, but they are lying. There is practically no peer-reviewed research that suggests talking therapy is effective. Sorry to break the news to you. (Best kept secret among therapists.)

The real approach to change is to DO something. So let’s go have a drink!

Recently I have read several posts on my favorite blogs recounting tales of sadness, loneliness, heart sickness and simple yearning to find more connectedness in everyday life – aka – make some friends. (You know who you are.)

I feel you. Being a stranger in a strange land has its consequences. But we are many. Let’s reach beyond the blogosphere and actually meet each other. It could be fun!

Here is my proposal: Saturday, July 24th – 2:00 p.m. on Copacabana beach. Let’s meet at the kiosk in front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel (could there be an easier location?)

I will be the big guy with the mylar balloon talking to the incredibly cute Brazilian guy (that’s you Luiz, calm down). Bring your kids, your husband, your secret lover, your dog… Be prepared to speak in English.

For those of you who live out of town – make a day of it! (Heck – I live out of town and I will be there.)

Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment