Saturday, August 21, 2010

Some things are just stupid crazy

I've been following a new discount website that delviers a daily special at a local business to my email.  It can be 60-, 70- or 80% off the original price.  Kinda fun.

Forgive me if I laugh.

Today the discount was at a "Tex-Mex" restaurant in Priatininga.  You may recall I recently saw this place out of the window of my passing bus and thought I might go there.

Well, according to the "discount" opportunity the usual chicken wrap costs R$19.50 (offered today for an exciting R$7.00).  WTF?  A chicken wrap for $20?!  There is problably R$2.00 worth of food in that item.  Where do Brazilian restaurantuers come up with this stuff?  Can you say highway robbery!?

Sorry guys -- never.

Back in San Francisco you can get a "wrap" or a burrito for US$4 that is as big as you arm and impossible to eat in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment