Friday, October 1, 2010

Blogging education

OK – so I’ll admit it: I check my blog stats frequently to know who is visiting and from where. Mostly I post to keep my friends and family back home informed about Luiz and my progress/situation. But I have definitely forged some really fun online blogger friendships that really warm my heart.

I’m not a professional blogger – by far. I just do my thing. But every once in a while I am taught a lesson by the stats reports that make an impact on me.

For example, I made a post almost two years ago about a fun and free event in Copacabana that families might be interested in. It was entitled “Disney Magic Moments Parade in Copacabana.” Well – who knew? Apparently the words in that title are super popular among Google searches.

To this date that post is the most frequented of all my posts (like by a factor of almost 3)! And it was just a friendly referral to a fun day in Rio. It’s certainly not the post I hope most folks will read.


The internet is a funny thing. Blogging is a weird universe all its own. While I am not eager to monetize my blog – I am learning little tidbits about how to promote traffic.

Mostly I’m just commenting on my experience and sharing the fun with others who find themselves in similar circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment