Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Best Of 2011 Awards

 Best (New) Video Game: Angry Birds Rio

I feel a little odd giving the award to a mobile game, but it was the only new game I played this year that was released in 2011. It's a great game don't get me wrong, but I could have tapped into so much more.


 Best (Old) Video Game: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Out of all the video games I've played this year, I don't think I've had a better time than with Batman's biggest adventure yet. Most of the older Batman games were a joke, but Arkham Asylum is the first Batman game that is truly pure quality, and really makes you feel like Batman himself. 

 Worst Video Game: Dragon's Lair (NES)
  
Despite coming straight in and hoping for the best, I've never encountered something so unplayable. The SNES version is an awful game, but the NES version is literally broken. This bridge here is as far as most people will get, and that's the start of your adventure. Everything in this game leads to doom, even a door....

Best TV Series: Bamboo Blade

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I had watched this via DVD. It's a very good (and short) anime about kendo, high school, and random stuff. Very funny and charming. 

Best Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

While my girlfriend got me into the movies last year, I read practically the whole series this year.  I saw every movie except Part 2 of Deathly Hallows, so it was a rather magical book especially not knowing exactly what's going to happen.


Best (New) Film: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
While it wasn't as true to the book as Part 1 was, I thought it was the best movie I saw that came out in 2011. I gladly paid a high-ticket price to watch it in the theater, and couldn't wait to finish it.


 Best (Old) Film: Escape From New York


It was really hard to pick an older movie since I had some many favorites, but Escape barely edges out among the pack for the top spot. I loved it since it has a thrilling story, interesting plot, epic characters, and one fantastic journey.


 Worst Film: Rachel Getting Married

 Even though it's not a terrible movie, this is the one I liked the least out of the whole year. It's basically stupid unnecessary drama at your sister's wedding, and will most likely leave you depressed at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment